The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Assistant Webmaster:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Webmaster shall:
- manage web pages, sites, applications and continuous improvement of the university’s websites.
- coordinate the design, analysis, development, deployment and maintenance of the University’s online presence; SEO, social media handles.
- Collaborate with team members and other staff of the University to produce engaging, useful, informative, attractive and responsive websites that focus on the end user.
- Ensure sites are functioning properly and are available to users.
- Tests speed of access and improves upon loading speed.
- Be responsible for maintaining websites
- Build functional websites that are easy to use
- Update content on the website to keep pages fresh and intriguing
- Setup firewalls
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Setup login pages
- Optimize site loading speeds
- Fix link that don’t work and pictures aren’t appearing properly.
- Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the internet
- Perform any necessary updates
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the director of ICT
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate must:
- Hold a master’s Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, software engineering, MIS (Management Information System)
- Proven knowledge of design fundamentals – including UI/UX, responsive and accessibility design, as well as familiarity with information architecture
- be proficient in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools
- be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Show clear evidence of ability to hold schedules without supervision
- Have handled projects independently.
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to complete an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Wednesday, 12th May 2021.