The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Deputy Director of Finance:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Director of Finance shall be responsible for:
- Assisting the Director of Finance in the performance of his duties
- Supervising the preparation of Central Administration Annual Operational Budget
- Supervising the preparation of University Annual Operational Consolidated Budgets
- Monitoring of Central Administration Operational Budgets by issuing timely management reports to spending officers
- Supervising and certifying the preparation of Central Administration Cash Books and Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Preparation of the University’s Annual Government Budget
- Preparation of Monthly Payroll Returns to appropriate institutions.
- Supervising the preparation of monthly returns on revenue expenditure incurred out of Internally Generated Fund.
- Supervising preparation of University’s Statutory Accounts, (Consolidated Financial Statements)
- Liaising with external auditors in the conduct of statutory audit
- preparation of Management’s responses on external auditors’ findings
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicant must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a Masters’ degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Applicant must have served as a Senior Accountant in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution for at least six (6) years.
- Applicant must be computer literate and conversant with accounting software applications.
- Applicant must:
- be analytical, critical, result oriented, innovative and visionary,
- possess hands-on ability to work independently,
- possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills,
- possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software,
- be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- possess proactive commercial flair.
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to complete an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Thursday, 6th May 2021.