The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Director of Works and Physical Development:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Works and Physical Development shall be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities under the Vice-Chancellor:
- He or she shall exercise oversight responsibility over the operations of the Estates Management, Maintenance and Municipal Services of the University.
- He or she shall be responsible for the development and maintenance of the physical and infrastructural works and/or facilities of the University.
- He or she shall exercise professional and administrative supervision over the staff under him or her to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of his or her Directorate.
- He or she shall consider and advise the Tender Board on all matters affecting tenders on buildings and other projects of the University to enable the Board to make awards on them.
- He or she shall handle or deal with all preliminary matters on contracts involving the physical infrastructural development of the University and/or the use of any part(s) of the University lands.
- He or she shall be responsible for developing maintenance strategies and for ensuring that all properties of the University are in good condition.
- The Director of Works and Physical Development shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for efficient discharge of his/her duties.
- He or she shall perform any other functions as may be assigned to him or her by the Vice-Chancellor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants seeking appointment as Director of Works and Physical Development must:
- Have M.Phil. or a research Masters qualification in the built environment or relevant area and must be a member of a recognised professional body in the relevant field. In addition to the minimum qualifications, at least 12 years relevant post-qualification experience will be required. OR
- Have served as a Deputy Director of Works and Physical Development in a university or comparable grade in a similar institution for at least two years.
- Have handled and completed various projects of considerable magnitude and value.
- Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
- Possess high level strategic planning and forecasting and the ability to respond appropriately to Management demands and expectations.
- Be computer literate
The person appointed as Director of Works and Physical Development shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment, subject to the terms and conditions of employment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to submit an application
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed online application form.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates including names and addresses of three Referees.
- A five-page statement of about 2,500 words (in Times New Roman, font size 12, and double spacing) indicating how the applicant would use the position to advance the achievement of the vision and mission of the University.
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 3rdMay 2021.