The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Estate Officer:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Estate Officer shall be required to perform the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and ensure that all buildings are properly maintained in line with prevailing standards.
- Effectively manage staff (E.g. cleaners, gardeners and other artisans) working within the facilities/buildings of the University.
- Forster good relationship between the Estates Unit or University Management and all residents.
- Plan and coordinate essential services such as maintenance, cleaning, landscaping, among others.
- Manage the University grounds and rentals properly.
- Maintain records/inventories of all university properties and keep assets register for all such properties.
- Execute any other that may be assigned by management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants seeking this appointment must:
- Have been appointed Estate Officer in an accredited university/institution and have served for, at least, one (1) year on that rank.
- Hold a Ph.D. or an M.Phil. or a two-year full-time research Masters degree or a one-year full-time research Masters degree in either Estates Management, Construction Management, Land Economy, or Physical Planning or any other related field from an accredited tertiary institution and a final Professional Certificate from a recognized Professional Body.
- Have satisfactorily served a minimum of two (2) years as Assistant Estates Officer in a university or its equivalent.
- Have, at least, four (4) years of postgraduate qualification relevant work experience in public service at the Senior Management level (applicable to ii).
- Have handled projects independently.
- Must be computer literate.
The appointment of the Estate Officer shall be full-time employees and shall be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to submit an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Wednesday, 11th November 2020.