The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Head of University Security:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of University Security shall be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities under the Registrar:
- Exercises oversight responsibility over the operations and functions of the University Security Systems and Services.
- Develops, manages and implements security procedures, policies and guidelines for the University.
- Supervises and assigns all security staff under him or her to ensure the safety of staff, students and properties on the Campus.
- Provides leadership in all matters of general and personal security, safety, and strategic planning.
- Maintains a safe environment for the conduct of the business of the University at all times.
- Develops appropriate and suitable training programmes and strategies for personnel of the Security Unit.
- Provides periodic updates and reports on the security situation in the University to Management.
- Liaises with the appropriate offices of the University, the Police and other Security Agencies, on matters bordering on the security of the University.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants seeking appointment as Head of University Security must:
- Be a good communicator with good inter-personal skills possess a two-year Masters Degree in Security, Peace and Security or relevant equivalent qualification in the field.
- Be at least a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army or a Chief Superintendent in the Police Service or any of the Forces. Or A Head of Security in a university or a comparable institution.
- Have a minimum of 12years relevant experience as a Senior Officer in the Security Service.
- Be able to demonstrate adequate working knowledge and understanding of the University system.
- Have the capacity to manage crisis situations in the University.
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed online application form for Senior Members Positions.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates including names and addresses of three Referees.
- A five-page statement of about 2,500 words (in Times New Roman, font size 12, and double spacing) indicating how the applicant would use the position to advance the achievement of the vision and mission of the University.
click here to complete an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Thursday, 4th May 2021.