The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Medical Officer:
Duties and Responsibilities
The medical officer shall be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- To offer comprehensive medical services to clients of varied background including local and foreign students, local and foreign staff, and members of community.
- To undertake paramedical activities assigned him/her by the University’s Director of Health Services as well as put in place strategies for the development of the Hospital.
- To provide care, monitoring, and evaluation of patients on admission in the University Hospital.
- To manage the staff, facilities and activities of the University Hospital to become first-class medical and health services provider in the Upper East Region and beyond.
- To plan and carryout medical examinations of all fresh students and all new recruits of the University.
- To ensure the availability of essential drugs, medical equipment, and efficient services at the University Hospital.
- To prepare and submit periodic operational report on the Hospital to the Vice Chancellor through the Director of Health Services.
Qualification and Experience
The applicant seeking this appointment must:
- Hold an MBChB or its equivalent and a Masters degree with specialization in general surgery.
- Have a fully valid license from the Medical and Dental Council to practice in Ghana.
- Have good practice in outpatient and inpatient care, knowledge in health and safety techniques, and basic surgical skills.
- Have a minimum of three years of post housemanship working experience.
- Demonstrated a distinguished professional capacity and hold resolute position on professional ethics and integrity.
- Have a high sense of responsibility, good organizational leadership skills, effective communication abilities, and professional competences.
- Would assist with the development of the curriculum for the MBChB programme and eventually teach in that programme when mounted.
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to submit an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Wednesday, 30th September 2020.