The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Senior ICT Assistant/Senior Software Developer:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior ICT Assistant/Senior Software Developer shall:
- Developing information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop software team.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the director of ICT
- Ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly,
- have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Must have strong analytical capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
- Must be a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow his/her career in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate must:
- Hold a minimum of a First degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Have 4 years of work experience as a software developer
- Have either strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills
- have a reasonable degree of experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- be proficient in professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
All positions or vacancies announced are full-time employments and thus will be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to complete an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Wednesday, 12th May 2021.