C. K. TEDAM UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AND APPLIED SCIENCES

Circular to Staff and Students

The University Management wishes to bring the following to the attention of all staff and students, especially levels 100 to 400.

We wish to bring to the attention of students that we are following up on our promise for the 5GB data per student per month to support the remote teaching and learning. A total of one thousand one hundred (1,100) student’s telephone numbers, both graduate and undergraduate, have been submitted to the network company to process. Vodafone Ghana has informed us that it will take three working days to process and activate the data bundle promised by Management. We are therefore reminding students who are yet to provide their Vodafone numbers for the data bundle to do so without further delay.

After the SRC suggested October 12, 2020, as the reopening date Management knew that being the middle of the month some students will have difficulties in paying their fees. As a result, two decisions were taken. First, we have agreed to give all undergraduate students up to the end of the first week of November to pay at least 40% of their fees into the Fidelity Bank Account and submit a payment plan for the remaining 60% on or before the end of April 2021. Second, students can log on and participate in all lectures whether they have paid their fees or not. As a result, we do not envisage any student having challenges in any of their classes.

The SRC President was tasked to submit a full list of students who have credit with the University for Development Studies with the evidence. So far, the last batch of students was submitted by the President on Friday, October 9, 2020. We want to assure students that Management is in the process of compiling this list and will follow up with UDS when the process is completed. Affected students will be informed when the process is completed. Meanwhile, students’ attendance will not be affected while the process is ongoing.

Management has been liberal enough to allow all students to attend lectures until all the teething challenges are addressed. All students are to take note of the above and continue with their lectures as planned. Our doors are opened for discussion of any issues that are of interest to students. Management has the interest of students at heart to complete their degree programmes.