The C.K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS) is a Public University established in 2019 by the CKT-UTAS Act 1000. The CKT-UTAS, which is located in Navrongo, Upper East Region, Ghana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Director of Finance:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing the Annual Budget of the University and presenting it to the Council of the University for review and approval.
- Preparing financial statements for the University and Units, including liaising with the External Auditor and preparing analysis to enable the financial statements to be audited.
- Submitting periodic financial reports to the Governing Council of the University on the status of plans and projections necessary for the preparation of budgets for succeeding years.
- Keeping proper and timely accounting records throughout the University, in line with all statutory and professional requirements.
- Providing financial leadership by ensuring that University management understands the financial implications of their decisions and actions.
- Managing the financial assets of the University in a manner that meets the standards of best practice and in line with the University’s policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Designing and implementing accounting and internal control systems of the University in line with global best practices as necessitated by the digitization.
- Receiving all money due to the University and making all authorized payments on behalf of the University, as well as sourcing for funds for the University.
- Without prejudice to the above, the Director of Finance shall take responsibility for all the duties stated out in the statutes and financial regulations of the University.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant seeking this appointment must:
- Hold a Ph.D. or an M.Phil. or a two-year full-time research Master’s degree in either Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or Accounting and Finance.
- Have a Professional Certificate from either Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). Have a minimum of ten (10) years post professional qualification practicing and working experience in that grade.
- Demonstrated a distinguished professional capacity and hold a resolute position on professional ethics and integrity.
- Have a deep understanding of the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921), the PFM Regulation, 2019 (LI 2378), and risk management.
- Have knowledge and experience in the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and the IFRS with a full compliant entity.
- Have knowledge and experience the conception, development, and deployment of internal control systems.
- Have good analytical skills, a high sense of industry, organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, whiles showing leadership and competency.
- Have a solid understanding of the processes involved in university management, decision-making processes, policy development, and implementation.
The person appointed as Director of Finance shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment, subject to the terms and conditions of employment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
click here to submit an application
Please, note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 11th September 2020.